Zesty Beef and Squash Kabobs
- 1 package (2 skewers) beef kabobs (stew beef)
- 2 small to medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Mesquite seasoning of your choice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large re-sealable bags
- Add extra seasonings and spices to taste
Pre-heat grill on medium-high.
Marinate beef with mesquite seasoning and/or extra seasonings and spices to taste in a large re-sealable bag for at least 30 minutes.
Cut up squash, zucchini, and mushrooms. Marinate vegetables and mushrooms with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, seasoned salt, and/or extra seasonings and spices to taste in a large re-sealable bag for at least 30 minutes.
Place beef, vegetables, and mushrooms on skewers. Place kabobs on grill. Remember to turn kabobs regularly to cook all sides. Grill for 15 minutes or until done.
Summertime Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 green or red bell peppers, tops cut away and seeds removed
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- Grated sharp cheese (hoop cheese)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot of boiling water, boil the peppers until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove peppers and let dry.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped yellow onion. Add beef, garlic, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Add rice and tomato sauce. Stir well. Remove from heat. Add more seasonings to taste.
Stuff bell peppers with the mixture above. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper. Bake the stuffed peppers until the filling is thoroughly heated (25 – 30 minutes).
Remove from oven, let sit for 5 – 10 minutes.